Monday, September 17, 2018

Whispers through the Lattice




I know it’s been quite a while now since I’ve written you. In this post I will give an explanation for my silence.

I have felt an increasing sense of urgency to “… go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” (Luke 9:60) Time is short. And our God is grand beyond measure.

To that end I have poured out my heart into a book declaring, as best I can, the liberating words of life given to us in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

As those of you who have read my blog know, our family has experienced the relentless waves of grief that come while watching a loved one suffer with addiction and incarceration. Sometimes people say something to me like “I don’t know how you get through this.” This book is my answer.
The book is called Whispers through the Lattice and it is about the extravagant grace of God and my journey of discovering it.

The only way I survive the pain of life is by daily straining to hear the whispers of the Lover of my soul, Whose voice gives me peace and comfort and joy.

Why does He whisper? I believe it’s because He wants us to draw near to Him, to get close enough so His breath is felt on our cheeks.

He whispers through the lattice, the thin veil that separates us in this life from seeing Him in His full glory.

This book is an invitation. Come, press your face up against that lattice and hear His life-giving whispers that come with the breath of His power to strengthen and comfort your heart.

Through poems, stories and scripture I share some of my own journey. I hope that it will stir up spiritual hunger in your own heart to pursue a deeper relationship with the God Who is wildly pursuing you with His overwhelming, indescribably beautiful grace.

Whispers through the Lattice is available on Amazon.com at https://www.amazon.com/author/susanpopa

I also have a Facebook page at Whispers through the Lattice @susanpopaauthor.

Please consider partnering with me in this effort by “liking” and sharing my posts, and by reviewing my book on Amazon.com. Your reviews are so appreciated and really do make a difference in helping get this book out there to as many people as possible.
Thank-you! You are loved!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your thoughts!